Autumn Leaves

The first time I attempted to make a leaf mug rug was a bit disappointing.
When I turned the fabric right side out, it looked nothing like a leaf.
So, then I tried sewing back sides together and just zig-zagging the edges.
The shape was right, but the edges looked awful.
20160827_195904642_ios
You can see the batting sticking out of the edges.
This morning, I tried once more to sew right sides together.
The results are a bit better.
20160911_153235286_ios
I used fusible batting on both sides in order to provide more insulation.
20160911_154021517_ios
I used a chop stick to form the points before pressing.

20160911_155206747_ios

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s